Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Pequenos Intervalos III

Ahhhh Weezer. One of my favorite Jeffersons characters. I always used to love it when George would come home from his successful Laundromat and shout "Weezer! Fix me some Whitey Stew! And no goddamn zebras! Aaaaaah HATES ZEBRAS! You muthafucka.cock..sucka!"

So imagine my supplies when I learned that Weezer had come out of retirement to become a bunch of young white guys playing really heavy power pop. First of all, am I crazy or is it impossible to listen to "The World Has Turned" without singing the lyrics to "Smells Like Teen Spirit"? The music isn't the same or anything - it's just the way he sings it. Drives me up the food chain. But let's talk about the album. Very warm fuzzy yet HEAVY guitar tones. Friendly vocals from nice neighborly young adults. Sugary Beatles/Cheap Trick-style chord progressions but played much less interestingly than either of those bands - mostly just simplistic barre chords and maybe a couple of notes on top. All midtempo - no Exploited-style hardcore or Cannibal Corpse-style death metal on here, for some reason. One letdown for me personally is that the two big hits "Say It Ain't So" and "Buddy Holly" are fantastic songs that sound like The Beach Boys! But the rest of the album doesn't SOUND like The Damn Beach Boys! Fuck!

2 Comments:

At 3:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loosen [url=http://www.invoiceforyou.com]invocing solution[/url] software, inventory software and billing software to create professional invoices in minute while tracking your customers.

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there ramblacatalunya.blogspot.com admin found your website via yahoo but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have discovered site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your website http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my website. Hope this helps :) They offer best services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home